10. 61 Key Electronic Keyboard with Touch-response Keys
This 61-key touch-responsive keyboard could be another great option for beginners – as well as anyone who needs a piano to play at home but who doesn’t have the space for anything bigger.
It has a small footprint and can simply be placed on a tabletop. This means you can pack it away and store it in a closet or under your bed when you don’t need it, making it a great choice if space-saving is an issue for you.
We like the way it is so easy to use. The control panel is simple and uncluttered, and just about anyone will be able to understand how to operate it. It includes a good range of sounds, and it is very intuitive to switch between them.
One great feature is that it works with learning apps, so you can indulge in gamified practice, and you can also record your performances, allowing you to listen back and improve your skills.
However, there are also a couple of small negatives to mention. It has a built-in speaker, but the volume is not loud – if you need more, you will have to plug it into an external speaker or use headphones.
Also, there is a red sticker on the middle C key, which some people might not like. It’s possible to scratch it off, but you’ll need to be careful doing it – otherwise, you may damage the key.
If you’re looking for a convenient compact instrument that will allow you to practice at home and master the basics, this could be a good choice. It’s reasonably priced, sounds good, is easy to use and easy to store. Another recommended pick.
- Simple to operate – easy-to-understand controls
- Lightweight, portable and convenient – can simply be placed on a tabletop
- Record and playback feature – good for helping you improve
- Works with a learning app – for gamified practice
- Good range of sounds – and easy to control
- Built-in speaker not loud – needs to be hooked up to a speaker for higher volume
- Sticker on middle C – but you can scratch it off
Check Current Price on Amazon